Blueberry Muffins are such a classic and still one of my all time favorite muffins to eat. However, I love strawberry equally, and decided to marry these two loves into one delicious berry muffin .
There is nothing like diving into a muffin and bathing them in a pat of butter. It’s truly the ultimate muffin satisfaction. They are just so good to eat anytime accompanying a meal or just for a snack.
Muffins make a great pick me up in the afternoon when you just need a little something to keep you going.
I love loading these with delicious blueberries and right before baking, adding a teaspoon of strawberry jam in the middle. Its like eating a filled cupcake with a fruit explosion.
Speaking of cupcakes, these muffins are as tender as cupcakes as they are made with cake flour and a little half and half.
Berry Jammers have become a household favorite and hope you come to love them equally as I do!
If you love muffins, check out these Blackberry Coconut Muffins.Print
Berry Jammers-Double Fruit Muffins
Delicious light and moist muffin loaded with blueberries and orange zest with a strawberry jam center.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Breads, Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 orange (zested)
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 4 TBS unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and orange zest and mix well. Toss in the blueberries and coat them with the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In another bowl, combine the half and half, vanilla, eggs, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula just till combined.
- Scoop into muffin tin, about 3/4 full.
- In each muffin cup, make a well in the center of each muffin with a butter knife or spoon. In a piping bag or with a spoon, place the jam into the center of each muffin.
- Bake 15-20 minutes till done and lightly golden on top.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove muffins to cool completely or serve warm.
These were baked in a deep silicone muffin pan and may require less baking time in a regular muffin tin.