When I think of brownies and bars, the blondie is one that immediately comes to mind. Flavored with brown sugar and butter that caramelize so perfectly in the oven for one delicious bar dessert with a hint of salt and caramel in this version.
Can’t remember the first time I tasted a blondie, but I do remember how awesome they were. Additionally, they are perfect for a bake sale item or something to make that is quick and easy to whip up.
Caramel and Coffee
For this recipe, I use a little help from the grocery store in the form of salted caramel chips. Boy, are they delicious. Interesting, that I have never seen these before and it was purely accident I found them.
Immediately once given these a try out, you can taste the richness of the caramel then that slight hint of salt surfaces and your mouth is just so happy! Perfectly matched with a cup of coffee.
Formulating the recipe, my inspiration was my coffee house favorite, Iced Caramel Latte. To get this up to speed, I add coffee extract or flavoring instead of vanilla and it really taste like a coffee shop favorite. The flavors really work!
For this coffee lover’s blondie, I like to use one of these brownie copper pans. Ideally, this is perfect for individual servings that come out clean and crisp. Additionally, you can slice these along the diagonal to get additional servings and shapes.
Try some of my other bar creations:Print
Salted Caramel Blondies
Rich and buttery blondie loaded with salted caramel chips and a splash of coffee extract.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 18 servings 1x
- Category: Cookies and Bars
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 11 TBS unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp coffee extract or vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup salted caramel chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13×9 baking dish or copper brownie pan with with cooking spray.
- In a microwave or small saucepot, melt the butter and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the sugar and butter and mix till blended well. Add the eggs and extract.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add in the caramel chips and mix till thoroughly combined.
- Spread into the baking dish and using a small offset spatula, smooth evenly. If using the copper brownie pan, spray the dividers well and insert before baking.
- Bake 15-20 minutes till done and the top of the blondies are just lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing. If using the cooper pan, allow to cool for about 5 minutes or so then carefully remove the divider.
- Cut into bars then if desired, cut the bars into diagonals for a fancy serving.