Every morning coffee routine needs a little “something-something” to enjoy alongside that perfect cup of joe. My love is always some kind of danish or pastry, so I came up with these yummy Coffee Breakfast Rolls.
Americans can’t get enough of coffee, including me. My personal favorite coffee drink is an Iced Caramel Latte! Literally, I’m addicted to these and started making them at home!
My husband is also a coffee lover, probably more so than me! We are surrounded by coffee shops and we both love supporting all the “mom and pop” shops as well as, the Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts!
We even have the latest and greatest coffee makers (The Ninja and Nespresso) here at home to help us satisfy our coffee cravings.
On that note, I came up with these amazing Coffee Breakfast Rolls to further enjoy our love of coffee.
Coffee Roll Please!
The rolls are made from a danish dough that is super moist and soft. The dough is shaped into knots, baked off, and then topped with a coffee glaze. Yum! To really push the envelope, I added a vanilla drizzle on the top to bring it all home!
Letting you in a little secret, they are super addicting. After eating one, I desperately wanted another!!!
Save For Later
After baking and cooling of these rolls, they freeze super well. I place them on a sheet pan to freeze. Then, I place them into a freezer bag. When you’re ready to enjoy them, just take one out and pop them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
Taste just like you made them that day!
Try these other delicious breakfast ideas:
- Strawberry and Lemon Doughnuts
- Blueberry Acai Orange Doughnuts
- Chocolate Cream Breakfast Rolls
- Berry Jammer Muffins
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Pull Apart Pioneer Coffee Cake
Coffee Breakfast Rolls
Light and soft danish rolls bathed in brown sugar and baked off and topped with a coffee glaze that go perfectly with your cup of joe
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 10 rolls 1x
- Category: Breads
- 1/2 cup milk (warmed to 110)
- 1 tsp active dried yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 egg yolks (room temperature)
- 1 TBS sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup bread flour
- 1 1/2 TBS butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp coffee extract
- 2 TBS milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla candy coating or almond bark (melted)
- In a small bowl, combine the milk with the yeast and sugar. Allow the yeast to work for about 5-10 minutes.
- In a stand mixer with a dough hook, place the flour and sugar and mix well.
Add in the yeast mixture along with the egg yolks and sour cream and mix till dough starts to come together.
- Add in the butter and place mixer on medium and allow to knead until a smooth dough is formed.
- Remove the dough and place in a greased bowl, cover with saran wrap and allow to rise about an hour or so till the dough is about doubled in size.
- Separate dough into 10 pieces. Roll each into 6″ rope. Roll the rope into brown sugar. Shape into a knot. Just like if you were tying a knot in your shoes.
- Place into a greased muffin pan. Allow to rise about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake the rolls off for about 15-20 minutes just till lightly browned. Remove and cool 5-10 minutes then remove from the pan.
Make the glaze while the the rolls are cooling.
- Combine all the ingredients together with a whisk till a medium consistency glaze is formed. If too thin, add a bit more sugar. If too thick, add more milk.
When rolls are mostly cooled, dip the tops into the glaze and place right side up to allow the glaze to harden.
- Microwave almond bark in a disposable piping bag at 30 second intervals till melted. Snipe a small opening and drizzle over the coffee rolls.
These freeze super well. Place the rolls on the baking sheet, not touching. Freeze till firm. Once frozen, place in a freezer bag. When ready to eat, remove from the freezer and place in the microwave about 20 seconds to reheat.