There is no secret how much I LUV donuts! I could literally eat them every day, although the scale would not be kind to me. However, I love these baked versions that are becoming so popular and super easy to make. Here, I take one recipe and separate evenly to make a lemon and strawberry version that will brighten any breakfast table.
Highlighting the batter, which is super light and airy as I use Greek yogurt as one of my recipe tricks. Also, I combine all purpose flour with a little cake flour for a super light and fluffy donut. The cake flour gives it a super light finish.
Strawberry Meets Lemon
Flavor is what these donuts bring to the table. They are loaded with lemon zest and fresh lemon juice that just brighten up your tastebuds.
Strawberry makes its entrance into the picture as I place just a bit of strawberry flavoring; which is added to half of the batter for a double delicious flavor combination.
Two for One
What I love about this is that you get one recipe with two flavors without having to make two separate recipes. Two for one!
Wondering which flavor becomes your favorite!?
Check out these Blueberry Acai Orange Donuts!Print
Donuts-One Recipe, Two Flavors: Lemon and Strawberry
One light and delicious baked donut that is made into two flavor combinations with just one recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 15 servings 1x
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (plain)
- 1 egg (large)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 tsp strawberry flavoring
- Spray two donut pans with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Mix well and set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add the sugar, oil, yogurt, and egg and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture in the mixing bowl. Mix till the ingredients come together. Add in the lemon juice and mix till the batter is creamy and well combined.
- Separate the batter into two bowls. They should evenly be about 10oz each if weighing out on a scale. You can also just eyeball half of the mixture.
- To one of the bowls, add the strawberry flavoring and mix well to combine.
- Fill a piping bag of each flavor of batter. Pipe each into the donut pan to almost fill to the top.
- Bake 10-15 minutes till done. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool completely.