Ode to Peach Cobbler
Peach cobbler crumb bars are a play on one of my favorite desserts the peach cobbler. Boy, does this remind me so much of home and the great juicy peaches you can get down south in the summer and really all over the country.
I developed this recipe in honor of that dessert. Over the crumb crust you will find a creamy cream cheese filling and sliced peaches topped with another layer of crumb topping. Biting into this treat brings a combination of flavors and textures that will bring that taste of peach cobbler home in a bite sized version. However, it is of special note that a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on each bar might just take it over the top.Print
Peach Cobbler Bars
A classic dessert made into a small bite.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 9 bars 1x
- Category: Cookies and Bars
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/4 cups oats (quick version)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 14 TBS butter (melted)
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1 15.25oz can peaches (drained, reserving 1 TBS of juice)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 8×8 square baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- Pour in the butter and mix till the crumb mixture is combined.
- Press into the bottom of the baking dish, reserving about 1 cup of the mixture for the topping.
- Prepare the filling by mixing together the cream cheese, sugar, and the reserved peach juice till creamy. Spread this mixture evenly over the crust in the baking dish.
- Chopped or placed the sliced peaches evenly over the cream cheese filling.
- Top with the reserved crumb mixture and press lightly to adhere.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes till the topping is just lightly browned and done.
- Cool completely and slice into bars.
Keywords: Dessert Bars