Peanut Butter Chocolate Shortbread is a great marriage of my two favorite duos’. I love peanut butter and I love shortbread, so the two coming together to make a fabulous cookie is a can’t-go-wrong creation.
Ahh, just love that buttery cookie of the shortbread and recently I just haven’t been able to get enough of peanut butter lately. I lather it on apples, toast, or simply scoop it out with a spoon and enjoy every bite. Yum!
There is not a day that goes by that I don’t have this classic peanut butter staple. Lately, it gets loaded into my fruit smoothies and love the taste of it along with the fruit.
Recently, I have discovered the new flavor of peanut butter with honey, its fabulous and is what I used in this recipe. Of course, you can use any peanut butter you like. Crunchy peanut butter would provide a great added texture element to this peanut butter cookie recipe.
Cooper Baking Pan
This Peanut Butter Shortbread cookie recipe gets baked in these neat custom cooper brownie pans that provide perfect sliced cookies. The shortbread triangle cookie bottoms get dipped in a chocolate coating mixture, then with fall sprinkles. The sprinkles really give it a custom fall look and another great combination of chocolate and peanut butter that marry so well together.
You can adjust your sprinkles to the corresponding season and make this all year-long for a great peanut butter chocolate treat!
Here is a super simple way to bake multiple individual servings in just one pan that requires no slicing afterwards:
Do you have a favorite Shortbread? If you love peanut butter cookies, try these Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches filled with both peanut butter and chocolate buttercreams.Print
Peanut Butter Chocolate Shortbread Wedges
Peanut butter and chocolate come together for a perfect shortbread combination.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 36 wedges 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Desserts
- 12 TBS unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 TBS vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl with a paddle, combine the butter with the sugars and mix till creamy.
- Add the vanilla and peanut butter and mix well.
- Add the flour and salt and mix till a smooth dough comes together.
- Using a red copper brownie pan, place the dough in the pan, pressing evenly. Place the dividers into the shortbread.
- Take a fork and press down with the tip vertically in each section three times to give that classic shortbread look when baked.
- Bake about 10 minutes till done and the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 10 minutes then remove the divider. Then cool completely.
- Once cooled, remove the rectangles and slice diagonally to form wedges.
- Place the chocolate chips and oil in a small bowl.
- Microwave at 30 second intervals till creamy and smooth.
- Dip the straight bottom edges of the shortbread into the coating and place on parchment or waxed paper to harden. Immediately sprinkle your favorite sprinkles on to the chocolate coated portion while still warm.
- Place in the refrigerator to harden quicker about 15 minutes.
These cookies freeze very well.