Breakfast! One of the best parts of the day, right? I love breakfast foods, there are so many things you can make to start your day off on a good note! These Raspberry Strawberry Breakfast Bars are a great way to start and get your day running on a fruity start with a hint of sweetness.
This recipe was initially given to me by my friend Karen, she brought me these in the form of raspberry white chocolate chip mini bars. One taste, I was totally hooked, they were absolutely delicious and immediately requested the recipe. I’m so glad she obliged.
Raspberry, Strawberry, and Orange
Fruit is the focus on these yummy bars, instead of just one flavor of jam, I use two here; strawberry and raspberry. Couldn’t decide which I love the best so I use both for a half and half version with complimentary chocolate chips.
Raspberry and White Chocolate
Thinking of some classic dessert flavors. First, I pair the raspberry jam with the white chocolate chips. I’m reminded of the Cheesecake Factory White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake and that is the inspiration for the first half of this breakfast bar. Wow, if you haven’t tried that you definitely must.
Matter of fact, I just had a slice yesterday for my birthday and it was every bit delicious and memorable!
Strawberry and Semisweet Chocolate
Second, the other half is strawberry jam with semisweet chocolate chips. This flavor inspiration comes from my days working in corporate catering where we made 100’s and probably 1,000’s of chocolate dipped strawberries. Who can resist those!!!
Orange zest is something I love throwing into so many things. I love how the citrus brightens up everything and adds such a burst of flavor to anything really. Also, orange compliments raspberry and strawberry so well and it goes perfect into the streusel to round out the flavor profile of these fruity bars.
These bars are perfect for a quick on the go breakfast or a snack anytime of day. Warning, they are super addictive!Print
Raspberry Strawberry Breakfast Streusel Bars
Raspberry and Strawberry jam topped with a delicious streusel filled with orange zest for a fruity sweet bite for breakfast or snack.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 orange (zested)
- 14 TBS butter-unsalted (melted)
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 10″ round cake pan with cooking spray.
Melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove in a small saucepan. Cool slightly.
- In a stand mixer, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, orange zest, and salt and mix to combine. Pour in the melted butter and mix till combined and a streusel is made. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture.
- Press the remaining mixture into the 10″ pan to fill the bottom.
- Spread the raspberry jam on 1/2 of the crust, then spread the strawberry jam on the other half. Sprinkle the white chocolate chips on the raspberry jam and the chocolate chips on the strawberry jam.
- Sprinkle the reserved topping on top of the whole pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes just till lightly browned on top and the edges. Remove and cool.
- Slice into 8 wedges.
This recipe was adapted that I received from a friend and I’m so glad she shared it with me.
You can also bake these in a 9″ square pan.
These freeze wonderfully!