White Chocolate Orange Cookies-Celebrating Citrus
A Baker’s Dozen
Orange and White Chocolate-A Great Combination
Need a quick cookie in a pinch? These white chocolate orange cookies celebrate citrus in a big way and are a snap to prepare that make a quick baker’s dozen. A dozen to share, and one for you!
These orange jewels are made with fresh orange zest and pack a punch of wonderful citrus flavor that goes so well with the creamy white chocolate chips and cream cheese in the batter.
I loved this recipe so much that I included them on my gourmet cookie platter. The flavors are just amazing and once they hit your mouth it’s just an explosion of flavor.
Also, it makes for an attractive cookie as you can see the orange zest baked right into the cookie along with the white chocolate chips. Makes for a colorful cookie and might be hard to eat just one.
I remember there use to be a cookie called melting moments, hmmm I think this cookie definitely qualifies for that title.
I bet this cookie will be one of your favorites as it has become one of my family’s top 5 cookies!
White Chocolate Orange Cookies
A creamy cookie that packs a citrus orange punch that will have you eating more than one!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 13 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ounce cream cheese (softened)
- 5 TBS unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBS sugar
- 1 orange (zested)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese and butter till fluffy. Add the sugar and mix till creamy and fluffy.
- Add the orange zest and the yolk and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well till combined.
- Add in the white chocolate chips and mix the dough well till everything is combined.
- With a medium cookie scoop, scoop out 13 cookies and spacing 2″ apart.
- Gently press the top of each cookie, just enough to flatten slightly.
- Bake 15 minutes till bottoms lightly browned. Cool completely.
Recipe can easily be doubled to make 2 dozen.